Interesting speed benchmark

Michael Lunnay mlunnay at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 6 00:12:27 EDT 2001

Having just finished working on 2 assignments in java, solidly for the last
month, I can see a major flaw in that benchmark. That is the javac time,
that seems to take a hell of a long time, and as python compiles to byte
code (assuming the code was a first run) you would need to add that, and
even for a 10 line file (the smallest I had to compile) javac takes an
eternity...

Michael

news:3B1D6FED.4070506 at nospam.yahoo.com...