PEP scepticism

Rainer Deyke root at rainerdeyke.com
Fri Jun 29 21:09:03 EDT 2001

"phil hunt" <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:slrn9jq3rc.qg9.philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk...
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:43:34 -0400, Tim Peters <tim.one at home.com> wrote:
> >Or the other existing method:
> >
> >    # This is a multi-line comment.
> >    # Although it sure looks like a sequence of
> >    # single-line comments <wink>.
>
> This is truly bad, because it makes it harder to add new lines;
> you have to type "# " repeatedly when adding new comment text, which
> breaks the flow of thought -- at least it dores for me.

Strange.  In C++, I always use '//' for multiline comments in favor of
'/**/'.  ('//' in C++ is equivalent to '#' in Python.)  This makes the
comment more readable IMO.  Why not just type the comment text first, and
add '#' marks later?

--
Rainer Deyke (root at rainerdeyke.com)
Shareware computer games           -           http://rainerdeyke.com