Python compiler

Eric Merritt cyberlync at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 23:00:55 EDT 2001

Hello All,

 I am new to python after having converted from java.
One of the problems I always had with java was the
lack of a native code compiler. Will python ever have
one of these? I have seen references to projects such
as py2c etc, but they all seem dead. Is there an
inherent problem in creating a compiler for python or
is it just very difficult. Unfortuanatly I am not a
big compiler guru though I would be willing to help if
I could. Just curious.