Meta: PEP discussion (was Re: PEP 255: Simple Generators)

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jun 27 20:35:04 EDT 2001

Tim Peters wrote:

> you can invoke a generator anywhere, but when invoked
> outside of a generative control context, the generator would yield its first
> result, and that's all.

To behave totally like Icon, it would be necessary
that given

  def f():
    return 3 + g()

where g is a generator, and f is called in an iteration
context, then f would be a generator too.

But then you would have turned Python into Icon. :-)

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg