Choosing SAX parsers

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 25 10:35:45 EDT 2001

"Graham Ashton" <graham at coms.com> writes:

> What's my best bet? Installing PyXML?

Yes, that will give you xmlproc, which is a validating parser, and
sgmlop, which is a very fast parser. It will also give you a few
additional SAX drivers that need some external parser.

> If I do, will it overwrite the xml.* Module Tree that I've got
> already?

No, it won't. Instead, it will install into the _xmlplus directory.

> Are there any issues installing it over the top of the stuff in the
> standard library (some of which I believe is the same codebase)?

Installing PyXML should give you completely compatible
implementations. If you find differences other than bugs being fixed
in PyXML, that would be considered as a bug.

Regards,
Martin