Tkinter problem in sizing a frame

Matthew Dixon Cowles matt at mondoinfo.com
Fri Jun 29 21:09:21 EDT 2001

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 20:58:58 -0400, Joe Potter <jm7potter at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks for the help --- that was the ticket. I did read the fine
>manual, but I missed that part!

Joe,
You're welcome! Speaking of fine manuals, let me recommend two things
that you may not have come across yet. Fredrik Lundh's excellent An
Introduction to Tkinter is at:

http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/index.htm

It's extremely helpful. I generally have a local copy open when I'm
doing Tkinter programming. Pmw is also extremely useful. It's a set of
compound widgets that would be a big nuisance to build yourself. It's
at:

http://pmw.sourceforge.net/

Between the two of them, they improve the life of a Tkinter coder
hugely.

Regards,
Matt