WxPython questions.

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Jun 15 14:35:10 EDT 2001

Omri Schwarz <ocschwar at mit.edu> writes:

> So my question is, is there a more interactive way to
> play around with wxPython?

Because of the need to have at least a basic event loop even to get
the interface to do anything responsive, and the need to instantiate
at least a few classes just to get anything more than the frame
operational, I've found it simpler to just have one editor window open
where I'm working on the code, and a console window where I run it
from.  Even with restarts after making changes, it's a very quick cycle.

I have also (for more complicated stuff - say where you have a variety
of plugins) written small driver modules that let me load the single
plugin that I'm working on thus bypassing other aspects of the
application.  Then I just restart that driver during development.

--
-- David