Can anyone build ExtensionClass.c using Borland compiler?

Steve S.L. Wong steve at hkit.net
Thu Jun 21 13:25:53 EDT 2001

Hi,

I downloaded ZODB.tar.gz from http://www.amk.ca/files/zodb/. (Z Object
Database)

I found I have to build "ExtensionClass" included in the distribution (i.e.
zodb.tar.gz) before i can use the object database. (It's source code, I need
to build it to Win32 binary)

I'm using Windows ME and do not have M$VC compiler, so I downloaded the
Borland's free compiler (www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/freecompiler).

I's using ActivePython 2.1.

I follow the instrsuction from
http://www.cyberus.ca/~g_will/pyExtenDL.shtml.

But this fails:

Error: Unresolved external '__Py_DeAlloc' referenced from
C:\PYTHON21\ZODB\ZODB\EXTENSIONCLASS\SRC\EXTENSION.OBJ

(**Note**:  this error appears when trying linking with python21.lib which
was "coff2omff"ed already. I also compile all the c source code to obj and
linking them with python21.lib )

MY QUESTION:

Does anyone successfully build ZODB on Win32 for use with ActivePython 2.1?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Steve