win32 libs/Python21.lib

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 14:28:35 EDT 2001

This quote appears in a recent Zope article by brian

http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/Misc/ExtensionBuilder/ExtensionBuilderUpdate-053101

Note: if your are attempting to build on win32 and have installed only the standard Python 2.1
for windows, you will need to download an updated python21.lib and replace the version in the
'libs' directory of your Python installation. The version that comes with Python2.1 does not
appear to be the correct one for building win32-x86 libraries.

I have been using this OK with VC++ 6.0 and have noticed no problems, but what should I be
worried about?
--
Robin Becker