Python-GnuPlot : Plotting problems

Prem Rachakonda prem at engr.uky.edu
Sat Jun 2 23:29:18 EDT 2001

Hi,

1. I have a set of z values in a matrix of [5000,100] from which I
have to get the contour of a surface and the lenghts of x and y are
5000 and 100.
If I try to plot by using the following function, I am not getting the
contour

 g.splot(Gnuplot.GridData(z,x,y, binary=0))

I tried to use only one set of values ie. The sizes of matrices are
given below
 z[5000,1]
 x[5000]
 y[1]

This gave me a perfect profile of the contour( It extends in the y
direction)

When I went for 2 sets of values, ie. z[5000,2], x[5000], y[2] then I
get 4 plots of the contours

1st two plots are in the x-z plane (at y[1]), the first one from x[0]
to x[2500] and the other from x[2501] to x[5000]

2nd two plots are a mirror of the above 2 plots but at y[2]

This is absolutely out of my understanding. Can someone explain why
this is happening.

2.Also how to issue command to Gnuplot. I want to change the view of a
plot and the Gnuplot's way it to say 'set view 90,0'.How to issue
command from Python to execute this command.

Prem.