[OT] MS EULA -- (will ActiveState become outlaws? ;-)

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Fri Jun 22 07:10:24 EDT 2001

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> writes:
> I don't think so.  All the licenses mentioned (including Perl's Artistic
> License) obligate (under most circumstances) the licensee to provide source
> for any changes they may make; no version of the Python license requires
> that.  But I'm neither a lawyer nor Bill Gates, so cutting open a chicken

The text seems confused; it starts off talking about "Viral Software",
and then gives as an example of "Viral Software", software developed
"as free software".  It also doesn't explain what "in conjunction
with" means; on the same CD?  Linked together?  I assume Dick Hardt of
ActiveState is off bending some ears at Microsoft about this, and
it'll get clarified or, perhaps, dropped.

--amk