newbie with major "lambda" problem (perhaps a scope problem as well)

Joe Potter jm7potter at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 30 07:02:29 EDT 2001

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:44:19 -0700, "John Roth" <johnroth at ameritech.net> wrote:

>If I understand what you want to do, you want a scrolling panel at the
>top, and three command buttons below (or above) the panel, right?
>The issue here is that the buttons' action procedures need access to
>the class instance, so they should go inside the class. That means the
>buttons themselves should go inside the class.
>
>That means you need to build everything inside the class. In other words,
>you can't build the pmw.ScrollingFrame (or whatever) outside it, and then
>use the frame for the contents. You need to build it at the same level
>as the buttons and the data fields, which means inside the class.
>
>There's nothing wrong with building two (or more) levels of widget in the
>same class. You just need to insure that things nest neatly.
>
>John Roth

Boy, am I stupid or what? I read you message again ( several times) after I posted to
you.

Then I started from the beginning rather than try to fix the example code.

Worked like a champ. No problems at all!

I think I can safely say that my main problem was working with class before I knew
what class was!

You words have put me on the path, Thanks much.

Warmest Regards, Joe

PS: just wait, there will be MySQL questions --- never fear!