Numeric Programming for Everybody

Georg Mischler schorsch at schorsch.com
Fri Jun 8 07:24:01 EDT 2001

Edward Jason Riedy wrote:

> And Georg Mischler writes:
>  -
>  - I just noticed the following on an invoice I have to pay:
> [...]
>  - Obviously, some programmer decided on granting me a rebate
>  - of one german Pfennig.
>
> Um, was there another column in Euros?  If so, you may have
> seen an oddity of exchange rates.  See paper #22 at
>   http://europa.eu.int/euro/html/rubrique-defaut5.html?rubrique=133&lang=5

No, there was no other column. Just the end results were
listed in both currencies at the bottom of the page.

But it's good that you're asking this, as it apparently
is the first invoice I get where the the euro is used as
"standard" currency. I'll have to go and pay the difference
in DEM now, as I didn't notice that at first... ;-)

But of course you're right, they probably still calculate
in DEM internally, which would explain the funny numbers.

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  Lighting Design Tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/