printer under Win32

Geoffrey Gerrietts geoff at homegain.com
Tue Jun 26 05:16:25 EDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Hodgson
>Geoffrey Gerrietts:
>
> > The question is basically: what's the right way to determine
> > page extents
> > when writing to a printer DC? Detail follows (if it matters):
>
>   I don't know if it covers this issue but have you examined the
> printing code used by PythonWin itself in
> Pythonwin\pywin\scintilla\view.py ?

Hm. It uses a somewhat different approach than what I've seen documented. I
think that's because it's using the standard GUI print widgets to drive the
printing -- and I'm not, or at least I would prefer not to hafta.

In the meantime, I seem to have accidentally discovered win32print in my
trolling the newsgroup, though, maybe I'll go play with that for a while....

Thanks,
--G.