Newbie seeks help on case preserving substitutions

Nicola Musatti objectway at divalsim.it
Tue Jun 26 03:35:22 EDT 2001

Hallo, Marcin.

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:
[...]
> What should it do if strings have different lengths? E.g. substitute
> NIcoLA with properly cased Musatti - how to define the problem then?

Luckily I defined the problem, so I get to set its bounds :-) My strings
have two parts: an initial two letter code and a subsequent name. Those
strings that are neither all uppercase nor all lowercase always have an
uppercase code and a capitalized (i.e. first letter upper, all others
lowercase) name.

In theory it would be nice to be able to apply special rules for names
that are made of acronyms and/or multiple words, but it's not that
important.

Ciao,
Nicola