ANNOUNCE: The Neophyte Pythoneers List

Jesse W jessw at loop.com
Fri Jun 22 15:04:50 EDT 2001

Michael Powe wrote:

> [posted and mailed]
>
>     Jesse> Dear Pythoneers, (Exactly how should you spell
>     Jesse> "Pythoneers", anyway?)
>
>     Jesse> 	I have just now created a mailing list via Yahoo for
>     Jesse> the sharing, joint debugging and general discussion of
>     Jesse> Python programs.  The list is intended to be primarily for
>     Jesse> those who have not yet reached expert level in Python
>     Jesse> programming, but experts are also very welcome.  You can
>     Jesse> join by sending a blank email to: Jesse>
>     neophyte_pythoneers-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
>
> Too bad, those people are idiots.  You should try setting it up on
> your own if you have the resources (like a DSL/cable connection).  I
I agree; they are pretty insufferable.  I set it up with them for two
reasons:
	* They are the largest provider(I think) so more people would
see it that way.
	* I don't have the resources to set a list up on my own.
> tried to join your list but the subscription was rejected by yahoo
> because I have "too many bounced mails."  The geniuses sent me an
> EMAIL telling me that I can't subscribe to a list because I have too
> many bounced mails.
I am really sorry about that.  That is nuts.
> Well, I get about 70-80 emails a day at home & I have yet to have
> anyone but yahoo tell me there is a problem. (In fact, one of them is
> a yahoo list!  While they are cutting me off, I continue to get mails
> from that list!)  I used to run my mailing list from there but a
> couple weeks ago, I set up MailMan at home & I'm free of that
> stupidity.  I suggest you do the same.
As I said above, I do not have the resources to setup a list on my
own.  If anyone has an alterative they would like to suggest, I would
be glad to hear it.
> Anyway, good luck with the list.  I'm not going to join, after all,
> because I don't want the aggravation of dealing with those morons
> anymore.
>
> mp

					Sorry about your troubles,
						Jesse W