PEP scepticism

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Fri Jun 29 10:19:02 EDT 2001

In article <9hhfk5$e50ak$1 at ID-89274.news.dfncis.de>,
Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:

>My general warning has something do to with the process though,
>as a non-technical reason exist why people participating in the
>processes will have higher chances to vote for inclusing of features,
>because being exceptional python programmers.

I am hardly an exceptional Python programmer, or even an exceptional
programmer in any language.  I'm not even sure I qualify as "very good"
(I *am* sure I qualify as "good").  To the extent that Guido pays
attention to me, it's because I've been participating and have done a
small amount of good work.  That's it.  That is quite literally all it
takes.

Well, no, I take that back.  I think I'm a pretty good writer, too, and
I express myself clearly.  The ability to communicate is highly prized in
the Python community, and I believe that's one of the major reasons for
Python's success.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

"Nothing fails like prayer"  --bumper snicker