getopts confusion

Rob Brown-Bayliss rob at ZOOstation.cc
Fri Jun 29 16:02:49 EDT 2001

On 29 Jun 2001 08:13:50 -0400, Steve Holden wrote:
> > Error on option -s: unknown option.
> > Run './gearbox.py --help' to see a full list of available command line
> > options.

I have checked indentation, it's fine.

> I conclude that the getopt code is working correctly, but your application
> is somehow failing to test for the options.
>
> Hope this helps.

Yes, some.  I played around some more, and the app that fails has a GUI,
the other is a command line app.  There is a single import I do (from
gnome.ui import *) that stuffs it up, if the getopt stuff comes before
this import I don't get that error, if I cut and paste the getops till
after this import I get the above error.

Does any one know why?

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss