Compiling Python2.1 under HP-UX with threads ?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Thu Jun 7 14:08:00 EDT 2001

I am having trouble compiling Python 2.1 under HP-UX 11.00
with threads.

Even though the compile runs fine (ok, termios and _curses fail
to compile, but I don't need those), the test suite fails to
pass all tests which try to use threads. The error I get is:

	ThreadError: can't start new thread

Does anyone have hints what I could try to debug this ?

Python was configured with ./configure --with-thread

I also tried a hint I found on SF:

  ./configure --with-threads
  make
  rm python
  cd Modules
  gcc -Wl,-E -Wl,+s -Wl,+b/lib/python2.0/lib-dynload \
      python.o ../libpython2.0.a -lnsl -ldld \
      -lpthread -lm -o python
  mv python ..
  make install

adapted to Python 2.1, of course. But this didn't make any
difference.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg