Python + threads + wxWindows = segfault, help!

Greg Copeland gtcopeland at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 1 14:32:34 EDT 2001

Arg!  In my hurry to get this posted it seems that I left some
important information out.  I'm running Python 2.1 with wxPython
2.2.5 and wxWindows 2.2.7, though I get the same results with
2.2.5 as well.

The application design is using the parent for the GUI and
threads for communication.  Data is passed back and forth via
Python's Queue class.

Most of the segs that I get seemingly have to do with threads.
I think I'm the only SMP user on the project and oddly enough,
I think I'm the only user seeing issues like this.

Thanks again.  Any more ideas or tips would be wonderful!

Greg

--
Greg Copeland, Principal Consultant
Copeland Computer Consulting