COM method with pointer args

G K karsaig at home.com
Sat Jun 30 06:18:03 EDT 2001

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:9gkek6024kl at enews2.newsguy.com...
> Once the type-library IS thus being used, all [out] parameters
> of methods will disappear from the parameter-list and become
> extra items in a returned tuple, instead.  [in,out] parameters
> will be BOTH in the parameter-list (for the [in] part only)
> AND extra items in the returned tuple (for the [out] part).

In my installation (ActivePython 2.1,build 211) all the [out]
parameters are still there in the function arg list. What do I
pass in? If I pass pythoncom.Missing I get:
  com_error: (-2147352571, 'Type mismatch.', None, 2)
if I pass pythoncom.Empty or None I get
 ValueError: argument is not a COM object
I suspect this is a bug and the first (Missing) is the correct way.
Any ideas?

Thnx,
-- Gabor