Working with paths with spaces in NT

Mats Wichmann xyzmats at laplaza.org
Wed Jun 13 13:13:44 EDT 2001

Tim wrote:

>> If you look at your output very carefully, you'll discover this has
nothing
>> to do with spaces.  After all, you chdir'ed to
>>
>>     A Gentle Introduction to Ted Nelson's ZigZag Structure_files
>>
>> just fine.  If that's not enough of a hint, try this starting in
some deep
>> directory tree that doesn't have any spacey names.
>>
>> don't-use-relative-paths-unless-you're-sure-you-know-where-you-
>>     are-ly y'rs  - tim

And Dave replied:

>Thank you Tim for the warm and friendly help without a hint of
>condescension - i'm sure it really encourages people new to python
> and even more those new to programming.

I missed what it was raised your hackles in Tim's comment.

He pointed out that it wasn't a space problem since you've been in a
directory with spaces already.  The more obscure reference is that you
never came out of that directory before trying to go on to the next
one.

You need an os.chdir('..') somewhere.

-- mats

Mats Wichmann

(Anti-spam stuff: to reply remove the "xyz" from the
address xyzmats at laplaza.org. Not that it helps much...)