Sorting Apache Log Files

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Jun 18 20:12:55 EDT 2001

    Sheila> I need to search on Apache's date string.

    Sheila> How about this? Create a list of tuples, where the tuple is:

    Sheila> (datestamp, full_line)

That will work, as long as you convert the string representation into
something that will sort chronologically (e.g. mxDateTime).

I missed the beginning of this thread, so perhaps this was already
discussed, but I'm a bit unclear why you should need to sort an Apache log
file by date/time, since it should already be in chronological order.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
(847)971-7098