Is this a true statement?

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g at Virginia.EDU
Sat Jun 23 14:38:24 EDT 2001

On 23 Jun 2001, Carl Fink wrote:

> In article <mailman.993306635.11457.python-list at python.org>, Chris
> Gonnerman wrote:
>
> > Writing TO a device driver is easy enough... the previous poster
> > was talking about writing the DRIVER in Python.  No OS I'm aware
> > of takes device drivers in any languages other than assembler, C,
> > and/or C++.
>
> He's making a very finicky, nitpicking, and frankly silly point [...]

I don't think the point was entirely silly!
It was a valid and interesting point (despite being finicky and
nitpicking!)

> Essentially he's deliberately misunderstanding what "write" means,
> using the "write to a file" meaning instead of "create a new program"
> meaning.

I just don't think that point had much to do with what the original
poster wanted to know. ( I'ld like to think he just left off the
smirking smiley at the end for better effect -- it's much funnier
delivered deadpan! )

-- Steve Majewski