Which IDE ?

Romain Guy romain.guy at jext.org
Wed Jun 20 14:49:38 EDT 2001

    I offer my Java code editor: Jext. Is is open source (GPL) and offers an
embedded Python engine: Jython. You can run script, or exec them straight
from the editor. Jext supports colorization of code, auto indentation and
brings a class browser. Many parts of Jext are written in Python. See
www.jext.org/dev.html

--
Romain "Java Swinguer !" Guy
romain.guy at jext.org
www.jext.org

"Now, don't you worry. The saucers are up there. The graveyard is out there.
But I'll be locked up safely in there."
- Paula Trent, Plan 9 From Outer Space
slrn9iv12r.45t.philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk...
<dvanpope at bookworm.suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote:
> >Which IDE would you recommend for someone *just starting out* with
Python?

> >-I'm not a professional programmer but Im interested in learning Python
> >-I want to use opensource whenever possible
> >-For now I'm just here for the basics; some scripting etc.
>
> What OS are you using? I'm using Linux and I just use my favourite
> text editor and the bash prompt. This is simple to use, because running
> the program is just a matter of putting the mouse over the bash window
> (making it active), then pressing up-arrow (bring up the last command,
> likely to be ``python myprogram.py''), and [return] runs it.
>
> >I'd LOVE to use idle since its part of it and free, but I have heard that
it freezes upand
> >has other problems...is this really a problem that it happens a lot? Are
there things I can
> >do to avoid this - does it happen with larger more complex programs only?
If it froze while