ConfigParser - ParsingError - escaping characters - evil colons

Volucris volucris at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 23 04:57:04 EDT 2001

I'm using ConfigParser and using filenames as keys. The problem being that
the parser misinterprets the colons when reading the keys. I escaped the
colons with dollar signs, but I'm still having problems. This is the raised
exception:

    ParsingError: File contains parsing errors: Sipz.gdf
     [line  2]: 'c$\\sem\\test.txt = c$\\sem\\test.txt\n'
     [line  3]: 'c$\\sem\\bad.file = c$\\sem\\bad.file\n'

These are the only two lines with full file paths in them, so I'm pretty
sure that's the problem. Does anyone know what can be done with those evil
colons?

--

Volucris (a) hotmail.com
"Eu não falo uma única palavra do português."