NT Service and COM

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Fri Jun 22 12:39:37 EDT 2001

Syver Enstad wrote:

> Yes, but that ain't doesn't expose no COM server. If you ever find out
> Duncan I'd be really pleased to hear what you've figured out. I've only come
> so far as to look at the .py file that implements local servers for python.
> Take a look at win32com.server.localserver.py to see how vanilla pythoncom
> objects are exposed like a localserver.

What would probably work best, is writing the COM server, then writing
a Service that creates and makes use of the COMserver...  though of course
this depends on your exact requirements.  I wouldn't *think* that there's any
special tricks to combining these.  Just have your SvcDoRun()  instantiate
the COM object before moving into its main loop....

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International