Programming ASP with ActivePython [also a general Web question]

Wartan Hachaturow wart at softhome.net
Mon Jun 4 11:50:29 EDT 2001

Hello.

I've got one trouble with ASPs on Python -- they doesn't work ;)
In fact, I did run pyscript.py, and it said that it has successfully
registered python as a scripting engine.
When I try to execute server-side scripts, they fail (saying 500 Server
Error).
In fact, client-side scripts does work in IE (even Calculator :)
Since it's the first time I try to do anything on IIS/ASP, I can't even
find the error logs (bye, bye /var/log/apache/error.log).
Did anyone faced the same problem?
I did included my try.asp in this message, just in case I'm wrong in the
script:

--
<HTML>

<%@ LANGUAGE=Python %>

<%
for i in range(3,8):
  Response.Write("<FONT SIZE=%d>Hello World!!<BR>" % i)
%>

</HTML>
--

P.S. Can anyone advise me some nice Python web programming environment
based on *nix? I've checked mod_python -- but it doesn't support sessions

P.P.S. I am running IIS 5.0 on Win2k Advanced Server SP2, with ActivePython
2.1.0.210

--
Regards, Wartan.
echo "Your stdio isn't very std."