random problem

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Jun 3 23:03:17 EDT 2001

Tim Peters wrote:

> Somehow or other on your box the 1.71552776992141 is getting printed
> as 1.
> The value it's computing (2,82843) doesn't make sense either.  Have
> heard no
> other report of this, although occasionally a bad platform C library
> has
> produced exp() and/or sqrt() results a *little* bit insane.  What
> you're
> seeing is completely off the wall, and in more than one way.

The one thing I noticed is the comma where a decimal point should be.
Could the queer behavior be because of localized number issues?

/  \ A good indignation brings out all one's powers.
\__/ Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Computer science / http://www.alcyone.com/max/reference/compsci/
 A computer science reference.