Parameter passing in python

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 06:29:01 EDT 2001

"Jacob Hallen" <jacob at hq.workspot.com> wrote in message
news:3B16C0C5.ABBBFA5C at hq.workspot.com...
> However there is no mention at all of this in the Python Reference
> Manual. I have checked both the 2.0 and 2.1 versions. It ought to
> be in section 5.3.4, as far as I can understand.

I think you're right, and the lack is still there in
http://python.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/ref/calls.html

I.e., it documents *args and **kwds for FORMAL parameters,
but not the corresponding forms of ACTUAL parameters.  I
hope that CC'ing the doc-sig, as I've done, can do in lieu
of filing a bugreport on sf.net (Fred, if you'd rather
have me file a bugreport for this sort of things now and/or
in the future, just let me know -- and thanks once again
for the great job you've always been doing on the docs...!).

Alex