Python equivalent of CPAN Library modules

David Welden dwelden at email.com
Fri Jun 22 13:33:52 EDT 2001

I think a very nice contribution would also be guidelines/rules of
thumb/examples even (!) of how one proceeds with converting Perl to
Python. Syntax is easy, but what I am thinking of is the more esoteric
stuff in Perl (don't get me started) like XSUB. For example, I have a
vendor supplied Perl Module that connects to Hyperion Essbase. I would
prefer to use it from Python instead, but don't know how to convert
it. I suspect that I have all the pieces I need (DLL, header files,
XSUB files, etc.) except how to get from jewel to snake.