A recommendation on programming tutorials?

Simon Brunning SBrunning at trisystems.co.uk
Fri Jun 22 03:15:35 EDT 2001

> From:	CCRazy1 at msn.com [SMTP:CCRazy1 at msn.com]
> I've just started studying the Python programming language 3 days ago.
>  Though I've already found a tutorial on Python programming and am
> fully aware of the tutorial published with the Python Compiler, I
> would appreciate further recommendation on online reading regarding
> Python Programming.  Thanks in advance.

If you haven't programmed before, check out Alan Gauld's 'Learning to
Program' at <http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld/>. This teaches Python to
complete beginners.

If you have programmed before, try 'Dive into Python at
<http://diveintopython.org/>.

Links to *loads* of tutorials can be found at
<http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Python/Docu
mentation_and_Tutorials/>.

And don't forget the Python tutor mailing list, at
<http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor>. Well worth joining if you
are learning Python.

Cheers,
Simon Brunning