statically linking the entire runtime (HPUX Python2.1)

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Wed Jun 13 07:59:48 EDT 2001

On 12 Jun 2001, cmkl wrote:

> On HP-UX I'm trying to build python2.1 without building the C-modules found
> in Modules/ as shared libraries. With the Version 2.0 this was the default.
> I played around with configure, setup.py and Modules/Setup but I always
> end up with a binary depending on various shared libraries.
> I need this, bacause I want to freeze my pythons scripts as a single binary.
> Distribution is much easier this way.
> What is the trick to do that?

I don't know specifically about HP-UX, but in general:
1: uncomment the modules you want in Modules/Setup
2: comment any "*shared*" terms in Modules/Setup
3: don't bother with setup.py, as its only for dynload modules

E-mail: andrew.macintyre at aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
        andymac at pcug.org.au           (play2) |        Australia