Tkinter and Win 95

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 06:36:34 EDT 2001

I'm running Python 2.1 with Win32 and am using Pmw as a framework for
building an App. I'm having problems when killing the app using the
window manager. In particular under win95 although the application
window disappears I sometimes get a hanging python process. This process
can be killed using the standard techniques, but it leaves something
behind that effectively prevents Win95 from shutting down completely.
Something that is intensely annoying as it prevents clean autobooting
etc.

I am using the traditional trick of handling the wm event as

                self.root.wm_protocol("WM_DELETE_WINDOW",self.quit)
        def quit(self):
                self.root.destroy()

but how can I get this to work cleanly on Win95?
--
Robin Becker