Python Imaging Library on Win32

John Roth johnroth at ameritech.net
Sun Jun 10 18:18:18 EDT 2001

"Maurizio Manetti" <giannozzo at arca.net> wrote in message
news:3B23C9FA.D527D9D3 at arca.net...
> HI, I am learning to code with Python both on platform Linux and
> Windows.
> I've got some problem with PIL on Windows.
>
> When I type "import Image" it works.
> But for every not dull operation I try to do with that module I get the
> following error:
>
> ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed
>

> Where I have to put libraries?
> And which is the _imaging C module?
> Is it the _imaging.dll file?
> Are there some other file I have to install on my system?

My system shows "_imaging.pyd" and "_imagingtk.pyd", both
in c:\python21\bin. The ".pyd" suffix is pythonese for ".dll". If
they aren't in that library, either you need to put them there, or
you need to put them somewhere that Python will find them.
Since they've got the same change date, I assume you need both
of them.

John Roth