repost: ?automatic user authentification?

C. Koehler Sir-XaoS at gmx.net
Wed Jun 27 08:33:38 EDT 2001

hi again, could somebody please help me with this
question?-

How do I use already existing accounts for a session with python,
actually Zope? e.g. something like a unix account;
I only need this usermanagement behind a Firewall and the user
authentification will only be used for distiguishing between the users.
The [password] security is only pro forma.
I just need something to bind in a website which distinguishes the users

by itself, not by interacting with the user again.
I know that in PHP exist some functions which can deal with unix
accounts, etc.-

    So: how do I handle them in Python?
a better documentation, like found on www.python.org, would help me,
too.