readline, python 2.1 and LFS

Timothy Grant tjg at hyperlinq.net
Sun Jun 24 18:30:18 EDT 2001

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 11:40:15AM +0200, Uwe Hoffmann wrote:
> Timothy Grant wrote:

> > then recompiled Python. This time it built readline support.
> >
> > However, when I try and import readline, I get the following
> > error.
> >
> > ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/readline.so:
> > undefined symbol: tputs
> >

> I think you need to link the readline module with either ncurses
> or termcap

Thanks for the tip Uwe, but I still can't get it to work
correctly. I've gone back and started from the beginning (at
least its the beginning as far as I know).

ncurses v5.2
readline v4.2
python v2.1

I'm sure I'm missing a configuration option or something
similar, but I can't figure out what.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                                www.hyperlinq.net
Chief Technology Officer                     tjg at hyperlinq.net
HyperLINq Technologies, Inc.                <>< (503) 246-3630