how to pass arguments to rexec?

Ivan idivanov at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 23 20:32:54 EDT 2001

Hi,
someone should already encountered this problem,
I will try to describe it, what exactly I am trying
to do. Hope someone in the group is going to
have a good insight about this topic.
So,
I am writing a CORBA-based server application
and I want to embed Python on the server side
for some data validation, filtering and other
purposes. Because Python code will be supplied
as a string from clients it must run in the
restricted environment (rexec module).
Because I cannot import in the restriced engine
any modules (if I do import all CORBA needed modules
there's going to be a non-restricted engine :))
So the last possibility I see is to
prepare the code that is static - initialization,
some corba prolog code etc,
in a python module file where I can afford
to import whatever I need on the server side
and to run only the the few lines of client
code in erxec engine. The engine will need then
the CORBA-object itself. I am trying to put
an instance of an object into the rexec engine
without the need to import any modules in the
rexec itself. So the object must be passed to rexec
and be callable without any modules to be imported.
Is it opssible to achive this in python and if
yes - how?
Thanks for your help,
Ivan