[OT] Is there any tutorial for those who learn Java after Python ;-)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 26 15:39:38 EDT 2001

Roman Suzi <rnd at onego.ru> wrote:

> I want to learn Java (Not that I am dissatisfied with Python,
> but this seem to be "the must" to find a job ;-)

> And some simple things makes me wonder:

> public class JavaRules {
>   public static void main(String args[]) {
>       System.out.println(2+2+"a");
>       System.out.println("a"+2+2);
>   }
> }

> Quick quiz: what this program will output?

> 1. syntax/compilation error (Java is strict typed!!!)
> 2. 4aa22
> 3. 4aa4
> 4. 22aa22
> 5. 22aa4

> Your answer: [ ]

Quite apart from type casting and operator overloading nonsense,
which I always have to try out myself (can't bring myself to actually
learning the silly certification book by heart), none of your answers
can be right: these are to println's - and println will always print a
new line.

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org