PEP 255: Simple Generators

"Jürgen A. Erhard" juergen.erhard at gmx.net
Sat Jun 23 11:11:30 EDT 2001

    Greg> Bob Alexander wrote:

    >> As an Icon programmer, it never occurred to me that there was a
    >> need for a syntactic distinction.

    Greg> As I pointed out in an earlier message on
    Greg> python-iterators at lists.sourceforge.net, the Icon situation
    Greg> doesn't carry over to PEP255, because the semantics are
    Greg> different. There's no semantic difference between them in
    Greg> Icon, but there is in PEP255.

I agree.  And want to add a little tidbit:

As Tim said: in Icon everything is a generator (I don't know Icon, so
I just have to believe it).

So why should Icon make a syntactic difference when there's no
semantic difference?

Bye, J

--
 Jürgen A. Erhard  (juergen.erhard at gmx.net, jae at users.sourceforge.net)