Why isn't Python king of the hill?

E. Mark Ping emarkp at CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Jun 2 17:19:00 EDT 2001

In article <9fb90m01koq at enews2.newsguy.com>,
Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
>It's ONE lazy and error-prone way; another one is not keeping
>the possible errors and approximations always in one's mind
>(and there are others yet, but those are the main two, I think).

Too true, actually.  It's more common to simply pretend the issue
doesn't exist, from what I've seen.

>I do
>not personally know anybody (who has done significant numerical
>programming) who can claim he has never been guilty of either
>while looking at me eye to eye and keeping a straight face (there
>must be such people somewhere, I'm sure -- just not in my circle
>of real life acquaintances).

Granted.  We've all been sinners in the past.  But that's not the same
as *advocating* it.
--
Mark Ping
emarkp at soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU