Python for air traffic control?

GerritM gmullerNoSpam at worldonline.nl
Sat Jun 30 17:11:10 EDT 2001

Safety is first of all a determined by the quality of the design and
secondly by the engineering skills of the developers. Most errors found
during the developement lifecycle have little relationship with type
checking or prototyping. Instead semantic errors and missing design aspects
(such as performance, exception handling, concurrency etcetera) are the
majority of errors.

The use of a clear and expressive language, such as Python, will help to
decrease this category of errors. However, keep in mind that the quality of
the architects and engineers is an absolute must for this type of
application!

Regards Gerrit

--
www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch