PEP 259: Omit printing newline after newline

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Tue Jun 12 03:30:01 EDT 2001

11 Jun 2001 17:47:12 -0400, Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> pisze:

> -1; I'd rather see a strip_trailing_whitespace argument added to
> .readlines(), or some alternative idiom encouraged that sidesteps the
> issue.  Magical behaviour is bad.

print is too magic in the first place. I would rather add write
builtin function, equivalent to sys.stdout.write, and arrange that
write functions are easy to use, i.e. allow multiple arguments,
apply str to them, and maybe have also writeln.

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak at knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/