Slightly Off Topic : restrictions on the response part in a SOAP-response

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Jun 16 15:08:20 EDT 2001

"Thomas Weholt" <thomas at cintra.no> writes:

> Just wondering if I could put whatever XML I want into the response-part of
> a SOAP-response.

I think definite answers to that can be best found in the SOAP
specification,

http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/

My understanding is that section 5 (SOAP Encoding) is optional, and
that you can use whatever content for the body as long as you declare
the encoding properly (i.e. define your own encoding).

If you want to follow section 5, you must have a schema definition for
all the elements you want to use.

Regards,
Martin