Any other Python flaws?

Greg Ewing see at my.signature
Tue Jun 19 21:31:33 EDT 2001

Bengt Richter wrote:

> Why not the other way around? I.e., drop the mandatory "()"
> for function defs with no args.

I think it's good that () is always present in
a function def. Otherwise, what does "def" mean?
Something is being defined, but what? The ()
makes it clear that a function is being defined.

It's not so important with a class, since the
word "class" makes it pretty clear that we're
defining a class! But it would be nice if ()
were at least optional in that case.

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg