PEP scepticism

Ben Wolfson rumjuggler at cryptarchy.org
Fri Jun 29 20:22:25 EDT 2001

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001 00:29:48 +0100, philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk (phil
hunt) wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:43:34 -0400, Tim Peters <tim.one at home.com> wrote:
>>Or the other existing method:
>>
>>    # This is a multi-line comment.
>>    # Although it sure looks like a sequence of
>>    # single-line comments <wink>.
>
>This is truly bad, because it makes it harder to add new lines;
>you have to type "# " repeatedly when adding new comment text, which
>breaks the flow of thought -- at least it dores for me.

You don't need to write them that way.  I write long comments by just
writing a bunch of stuff, letting it get colorized &c, and then going back
and adding # at the appropriate place.  No breakage in the flow of thought,
no problem.

--
Barnabas T. Rumjuggler
Yet when he came down from the mountain, he had not gained any wisdom.