Python output for Glade

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Mon Jun 4 07:11:43 EDT 2001

Rajarshi Guha <rajarshi at presidency.com> wrote:

> Rajarshi Guha <rajarshi at presidency.com> wrote in message
> news:9fdprb$3hpec$2 at ID-91520.news.dfncis.de...
>> Hi,
>>   does anybody know of patches etc that can give me Python source for a
>> Glade project. I tried using glade.py but it gives a number of errors and

> I follwowed up the pointers regarding using Glade and Python and it seems
> pretty neat. However I have  a question. There aree two ways to use a Glade
> file to generate the UI. One is to use libglade and generate it on the fly
> and the other involves converting the XML description to Python src. Which
> is a better? Or rather when would I use on the fly generation or conversion
> to Python source?

I don't know which is better; the gladepyc homepage has the same
question, obviously offering some advantages of the gladepyc approach
("By why on earth doesn't he use libglade?"):

http://www.fcoutant.freesurf.fr/gladepyc.html

I would think it depends on what you want to do. I doubt it matters
that much for most applications, though.

Regards,

Martijn