Decimal can be Binary Too (was decimal or rational)

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Tue Jun 5 00:53:39 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.991705580.19214.python-list at python.org>,
Tim Peters <tim.one at home.com> wrote:

>If, after (it's not done yet) people get to kick Decimal's tires, they're
>happy (OK, I'll settle for happier <wink>) with this approach, Aahz has been
>writing in it such a way that the performance-critical parts can be migrated
>to C easily.  If not, hey -- it's Python!  It's painless to throw away (and
>especially if you're not Aahz <wink>).

Not only that, but the intent (and the reason I started this project in
the first place) is to have the C code release the Global Interpreter
Lock so that multi-CPU machines get a speedup in decimal arithmetic.

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Do not taunt happy fun for loops. Do not change lists you are looping over."
--Remco Gerlich, comp.lang.python