AW: Python win32all installation warning dialogs.

Stefan Migowsky smigowsky at dspace.de
Mon Jun 18 04:32:51 EDT 2001

Hi,

there is probably a mismatch in the comcat.dll.
Mircosoft removed the interfaces to register COM categories
from version 4.73 to version 5.0. So search for the
file comcat.dll in the system directory and look for
the version. If it is higher than 4.73 there is your problem.
To fix it try to get version 4.73 and run

regsvr32 c:\4.73\comcat.dll
%PYTHON_ROOT%\python.exe
%PYTHON_ROOT%\win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py
%PYTHON_ROOT%\python.exe %PYTHON_ROOT%\win32com\servers\interp.py
%PYTHON_ROOT%\python.exe %PYTHON_ROOT%\win32com\servers\dictionary.py
regsvr32 -u c:\4.73\comcat.dll
regsvr32 %SYSTEM32%\comcat.dll

	Stefan