Quixote 0.3 released

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Tue Jun 12 15:28:24 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 11:18:29PM +0400, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
>On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
>> 	* Names of the form __*__ are reserved for Python, and 2.1 is
>> 	  beginning to enforce this rule.
>   Oops, I missed something. In what way is python enforcing the rule?

Only in one particular case: assigning to __debug__ produces a warning
in 2.1.  In the ensuing discussion of this change, GvR made it clear
that such symbols should be considered to be reserved for the
interpreter, so we changed Quixote preemptively, even though it didn't
cause any problems with 2.1.

--amk